Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Conference Update!

So the conference was pretty fun. The first class I signed up for: Advanced Magazine Feature Writing was a little bit of a let-down. The first half was pure history and the second half was a bit more of a Q & A that offered some technical advice but not a lot. I assumed it would sort of be like a workshop, with the lecturer telling us his methods and ways of doing things. Anyways free lunch was offered and my second class Journalism 2.0. was actually a lot better. It only ran for 1.5 hours as opposed to the 3 hours in the morning, and the guy was a very good speaker. All in all I enjoyed my day off work, picked up a free magazine subscription, a few more magazines, some gum and candy and 3 cans of diet pepsi LOL.

Afterwards the BF came over and we made my favorite dish: chicken parm. We started to watch the movie Heat (the one with De Niro and Pacino) but he got side-tracked with my brother's science project. It was kinda cute, my brother, my dad and BF all in the garage arguing about what they think will work best.

So he's gone to Kingston again until Friday. I am just killing time for work because I decided to grab a later train but now it's time to go!

No comments: